March 5, 2011

End of the Line for Angora-Merino for this Yarnie

I am pleased to announce I am now a 'yarnie' on ravelry! 
This basically means my yarns are now search-able in their yarn database, meaning if you've made a project with one of my yarns, it can now be linked to my yarn page on ravelry!  It's a little sparse right now, but it'll be growing!

I recently finished dyeing up the last of my local angora merino for a wonderful customer, Juanita of GenuineKnits on Etsy.  She's already made one hat, can't wait to see what else she makes!

I added all the colorways I did in this yarn to my ravelry page, I loved seeing them all together:


I'll admit, I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately, this long winter is really starting to get to me.  But on the bright side, I've been doing quite a bit more personal knitting and crocheting, and am currently working on a super fun, stash-busting project I'm calling the Spring Ahead (please) Scarf.  You know when you finish knitting or crocheting a project, and then the weather suddenly turns too warm to wear it?  Well, I'm sort of hoping that's what will happen with this one.

The pattern, as you can probably guess, is from ravelry and is called the Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf, is fairly easy and a fun way to use up all those smaller quantities of yarn.  It features the linen stitch which I find really beautiful:



1 comment:

PrairiePeasant said...

It's definitely time for winter to end! I love how your scarf is turning out--the scrappy look of that pattern is beautiful. How does one put a link to your yarn page? I'll post a picture of the mitts I knit with your yarn. I'm PrairieThreads on ravelry if you want to message me there.