October 2, 2010

Almost Every Day is a Sweater Day

It has been a beautiful week of weather here- our lack of summer is partially being made up for with warmer than seasonal temperatures (+26 C for instance).
The warm wind is quickly shuttling the leaves off the trees. 

We have been harvesting and starting to retreat to the indoors.  Plants have been pulled, outdoor decorations and furniture put away for the year, perennials trimmed and thinned.

I figured there was no use in being sad about the lack of summer so I decided to try and fully embrace fall.  After all, I know I won't be hunkering down for another Edmonton winter, so maybe it isn't all that bad.  I think fall is the favorite season of many knitters, crocheters and spinners.  We can embrace what we do, knowing its fully justified with the oncoming winter.  What better feeling is there than knowing you're creating warm, cuddly things for you and your family/friends?

I have a couple of expecting friends, so I thought I'd make them something.  I've always been a little bit afraid of baby clothes, maybe its because I'm clueless when it comes to anything baby.  But I found a great pattern and made Mary and her bean this little sweater:



The pattern is called Every Day is a new Sweater Day and you can find it on ravelry too- i like to look at the projects to see what everyone has done with it.  I really loved this pattern for it's flexibility.  You can not do the arms and its a little cap sleeved vest.  You can roll the collar over or leave it like a turtle neck.  I doubled up the yarns so its probably more of a jacket.  I used some vintage pearly crochet yarn:


Doubled up with an oatmeal colored wool, my fave bamboo hooks, a few cups of tea, and my favorite little owl, the pattern took no time at all.  Now I just can't wait to see it on the little bean when she arrives :)

1 comment:

PrairiePeasant said...

Very sweet! I'm sure it will be just adorable on the new little one! I like the idea of mixing the crochet cotton with the wool too!