February 8, 2010

Farewell, Tweedle Dee

 
  
 
 

One of my favorite commercial yarns, Moda Dea's "Tweedle Dee" has apparently been discontinued, and the whole line has been "retired".  

Above are some of the items I made with the yarn.  It was one of the first "art yarns" (if you can call it that) that I used, and it was such a pleasure to work with.  It's subtle color changes and little sparks of color made crocheting a long scarf (like those above) a little more interesting.

You can still get some of it online, but I guess once its gone, its gone.  And I don't order much yarn online so I'm going to savor what I already have (plus I don't need anymore yarn!) 
So I've decided to remake the scarf shown at the very top.  I've already unraveled it, this time I'm going to knit it in a simple k3p3 pattern, 30 st's wide.. my first ENTIRE knitting project done in continental (the absolute BEST way to knit.. saves so much time!)  That way, it will be nice and wide (all the scarves I've made for myself I find too thin).  The original scarf I crocheted lengthwise (as a lot of crocheted scarves are) in a mock rib-stitch, and therefore made more of a striped effect. But I'm going to to knit it width-wise to show off the subtle color changes.

Here is what I have so far, and I'm loving it:

Is anyone else mourning the loss of tweedle dee?!

No comments: