March 1, 2010

Batt out of Heaven

 
Wildberry Pie

 Discoteque

A while ago, I told you about my new (old) drum carder and the long history behind it.
It's been sitting in my studio, and has probably been a little bit lonely.  So this weekend I carded up a few batts just for fun and to experiment a little.  I used dyed corriedale wool, local un-dyed wool and a bit of undyed soy silk (which are the white streaks).  And the top one has a bit of angelina sparkle in it too.  They are soo soft!

For me, mixing colors, whether in the dyepot, in a canvas, when I'm working on knitting needles or crochet hooks, and now on the drum carder is one of my favorite things. 

I'm not sure what the plan is for these babies yet.. might spin them into yarn, or might just list them for someone else to.  They would also be great for wetfelting.. but do I dare add another project to my list?!

1 comment:

PrairiePeasant said...

Beautiful colours! I can see how you are having fun with this!