September 16, 2009

Happy 80th!

Alright.  I'm having one of those "whoa" moments.  I just put the puzzle pieces together.  Today, I reached 80 sales in my shop.  Today is also my paternal grandma's 80th birthday, AND I just noticed that this is my 85th blog post!!  And, my first front page on etsy was on August 8, 2008 (08/08/08), which was a tea cosy that I named after my great-grandma; Mrs. Peterson's Tea Cosy:

What's with all the 8's??? I sometimes wonder if my great-grandmother is out there cheering me on; it seems a little too coincidental.  I think about her often, even though she passed away when I was quite young.   I think she's a big part of who I am today- through my grandma, I have inherited her sense of thrift, hard work, and strength.  It's something I'm really grateful for, and its so amazing that I get these little reminders periodically- it's so encouraging!

So as I celebrate my success, I also celebrate and honor the great women I have learned from.  
Thanks great-grandma,  and happy 80th birthday grandma!!!

above: just some of the big 80!

2 comments:

SunShine said...

That is wonderful. I love stories like this.

PrairiePeasant said...

Congratulations on all those achievements! Well deserved.