January 10, 2010

1 (among many) Idea for Creative Reuse

It finally happened! The book came out- the first craft related book I've been in!
My day was made on Tuesday when the article on etsy came out about the book (read it here).  I got the book for the holidays it was so satisfying to see one my projects in there- I was so excited I couldn't find Aaron, so as I was looking for him in the bookstore, I couldn't hold it in so I told the people working there- and then they gave me a discount!




There's little me with my hobo bag!


Apparently Garth, the fella who put the book together wanted it to be sort of a guessing game, so he didn't put what everything was made out of with the pictures.  So you flip to the back and you find out!

The bag that was in the book sold long ago so I decided to make up a new custom listing, since I only have a tiny bit of that yarn left (most of it has went into these).  So, practice what I preach, I went to goodwill and found a bunch more wool sweaters to start unravelling:
Sometimes I find it a bit difficult finding sweaters to unravel- it seems to be the time where I can find ones that I would actually wear!  Had the yellow one been a different color, I probably would have kept it.  I did also bring home a nice blue one that Aaron decided to keep.
I'm waiting next for my ball winder to arrive, my little holiday/birthday present to myself! 
In the meantime, yay for creative reuse!  Check out the book for some fabulous ideas & inspiration!

3 comments:

PrairiePeasant said...

Congratulations on your publishing debut! That's so exciting! I'd like to see what a ball winder looks like when you get it. I've been winding up some skeins of wool into balls, and it's quite the labour...

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting! That is really neat. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! Congratulations - that is SO exciting!